Aloha~ Here are some requests for bills that I have received. Please provide me with your feedback & any additional ideas you may have.
- Study to widen Farrington Hwy from Kalaeloa to Hakimo Rd using $233m in potential federal funds
- Extend the Waianae Coast emergency access road, from Helelua Street to Piliokahi Ave.
- 1 year moratorium on foreclosures and ejectments of home owners to allow time for needed reforms to prevent fraudulent foreclosures; modeled after this bill: https://www.change.org/p/the-governor-of-or-immediate-statewide-moratorium-on-mortgage-foreclosures?recruiter=false
- Prohibit mortgage companies from purchasing insurance or otherwise materially changing the terms of the mortgage notes that they take over from other lenders
- Prohibit homeowners associations from combining fines levied against homeowners with maintenance fees. Purpose is to prevent homeowners associations from foreclosing on properties based on non-payment of fines which may be in dispute.
JUDICIARY AND LABOR
- Automatic voter registration with drivers license and state ID applications
- Allow automatic payments to former spouses from the state Employees Retirement System
- Streamline the current worker’s compensation appeals system, to allow 3 levels of appeal: 1) initial appeal before a hearing officer; 2) 2nd appeal before the Labor Relations Board; 3) final appeal before the court system
- Remove limit of one section 8 tenant per TMK parcel
- Exempt payments from Section 8 home ownership program from food stamp income, even if payments are made out to home owner
- De-Regulate hale-building. Click here for more info: https://21maile.com/2015/11/22/bill-to-legalize-indigenous-hawaiian-architecture/
- Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU) – exempt the requirement to add a parking stall to the ADU if property is within 1/2 mile of bus stop (current law only includes rail stops).
- Legalize trailer parks on private lands
- Air conditioning for public schools
- Move donations to private schools to the public schools and libraries category for campaign spending limit amounts
- Mandate the creation of assessment tests for Hawaiian immersion students in grades 3-6 which are originally written in the Hawaiian language
- Kalo leaf designated as official state dish, and Kalo leaf day/month
- Funding for the Aha Moku Advisory Commission
If you have any questions or concerns, contact my office at 586-7793.
Filed under: Uncategorized |